Friday, February 24, 2012

It's All Coming Together...

On Monday, they were back to put the house together!  It was so exciting to watch.  "The New Driveway House," as Charlie calls it, will be done in just a few short weeks!

The entire first story was put together by the time we got up there at 9 AM, but Charlie and I did go watch the second story get put on with his Aunt Cara, Grandma, Uncle Dave and Luke.


I wanted to stay pretty far back with the kids, so we are actually watching from the side of the house, up on a hill.  My father kindly painted images in my mind of the house blowing around in the wind and the cables on the crane snapping, so I wanted to be super careful with the kids.  Obviously (or thankfully, I guess) it went up without any issues.  The weather was beautiful and they had it all together by 12:00. 






Grandma brought up juice boxes for the boys, and they drank them in the back of some guy's truck.  This was an extra special treat for Charlie- we never buy juice boxes.    At one point I had to say to Charlie, "Look! The crane has the house in the air!"  Apparently the juice box was a bigger deal to my three year old  :
 He was so thrilled to have his cousin Luke there to watch with him!







While watching, my grandmother and I both said, "He better watch his hands!!!"  
I get the feeling this wasn't his first time- just ours!


The pieces seemed so small when they were sitting in the driveway- but put together they appear overwhelmingly large!  A few weeks of site work left and we will be moving in!


We've been inside a few times, but I keep forgetting the camera.  Next time we are up there I will definitely take some pictures to share!  

No comments: